Use these safe online shopping guidelines when ordering products online:
- Make sure you can find, read and understand the shipping and return policies before you place an order online.
- Never enter sensitive information such as your credit card number or even your mailing address unless you are positive the website is secure and has been encrypted. Look for the http(s)://… in your browser.
- Use a credit card instead of a debit card for online purchases. Credit card companies protect against fraud and false charges.
- Check with the Better Business Bureau www.bbb.org, especially if it’s not a major online retailer like www.endless.com.
- Look for reviews like those posted on this blog, other blogging sites, or reviews from customers on google and other search engines.
- Print out and file a copy of your online transactions. You need to know where you can file a complaint in case of misuse of your personal information at some future point.
- If you feel any doubt or have misgivings, double check on the company. If something ‘sounds too good to be true’, it means it usually is and you want to proceed with caution or go to a reliable online shopping source.
Let me know if you have any questions or concerns, I’m happy to help and will point you in the right direction for a safe, secure and successful online shopping experience.
Happy online shopping and good luck finding your special purchases!