One of the best things about the colder weather is finding the perfect pair of boots.
Here is a Boot Guide to help you find a quality pair of boots whether you are bound for the office, working outdoors or going out for a fun night.
Pick a quality pair of boots you can slide into year after year.
- Boot Materials – High quality leather will last longest! Test leather boots by bending the material. If creases form, the finish is seperating because it wasn’t applied well. Imitation leather is lighter and easier to clean. With either type of leather avoid any pair of boots that smells strongly of chemical preservatives.
- Boot Lining – Good boots should be completely lined on the inside. A leather interior will hold up very well over time. I love fleece and shearling lining in my boots for the very cold weather months.
- Boot Fit – To check for optimal toe room, slide your foot all the way to the front of the boot and see if you can fit a finger between your heel and the back of the boot.
- Boot Sole – Boots you wear outdoors or to the office for long periods at a time should have a little squish. Styles designed with Nike Air technology like Cole Haan’s boots are soft and sneaker like. These comfortable boots have cushions with pressurized gas inside a capsule.
- Boot Details – Buckles and other adornments should be attached with even double stitching.
Super buys to help kick off your boot shopping.
Are you ready to splurge on a fine pair of boots?
What is your favorite style of winter boots? Leave me a comment below.