Spring is lurking just around the corner and even in the Northern hemisphere we can almost smell the dirt warming up and are in anticipation of the first blades of grass and spring flowers.
This is the perfect time to stow away your winter boots and get re-aquainted with your sexy heeled sandals and to find some new fun flips for those more casual outings.
Have you heard of Havaianas flip flops before? If you have than you know how great they are, if not, than you’re in for a treat.
Who else does fashionable summer shoes better than Havaianas!
Before I show you more of their latest styles, here is a little history on Havaianas. Yes, they’ve been around for a while:
- The first pair of Havaianas was born in 1962. It was inspried by the Zori, a typical Japanese sandal made of fabric straps and rice straw soles. It is for this reason that the foot-bed of all Havaianas have a textured rice pattern, one of its many unmistakle features.
- The creation of a great slogan happened in 1970. Would you believe it that even in those days people were already trying to copy Havaianas? The famous slogan “Havaianas. The real ones” was launched. One just needs to hear the sentence “They don’t lose their shape, don’t smell and the straps don’t get loose” to remember the commercials starring comedian Chico Anysio during the 70’s and 80’s.
- “Havaianas. Everyone wears them” in 1990. Havaianas communication undergoes a great change. Famous people such as Malu Mader, Bebeto, Hortencia and Luana Piovani were showing their feet on TV. It was true; everyone wore Havaianas. In magazines, the color explosion and fun images found on the ads conveyed the Havaianas up-beat mood.
- Launch of Havaianas Top in 1994. The trend of turning the Havaianas white side downwards, leaving the colored part up, created sandals that seemed to have just one color. This was the inspiration for the launch of the Havaianas Top. Initially there wre 8 different shades coloring the feet of Brazilians, nowadays the Havaianas Top rainbow features 20 different colors.
- New prints, colors and models in 1997. Since the end of the 80’s, Havaianas hasn’t stopped creating fashion trends. New prints, colors and models – even for those who just learned how to walk… such as Havaianas Baby!
- Havaianas show their Brazilian pride in 1998. A new Havaianas model was created specially for the World Cup, featerung a small Brazilian flag on the strap. This model soon became an object of desire abroad and it also became Brazilians’ pride. The ’98 World Cup title wasn’t ours, but Havaianas will be ours forever.
- In 2000 Havaianas spread like wildfire in Hawaii, Australia, France and many more countries abroad. Foreigners buy them where they can to take them home. The sandals were featured on articles in important magazines and newspapers worldwide as well as in some of the hippest shopping windows on the planet. Nowadays, they can be found in more than 60 countries.
- Since 2003, Havaianas has been part of the Oscars. Exclusive models are given to the nominees.
- Diamonds are forever, and so are Havaianas in 2004. A special edition was created in a partnership with Jeweler H.Stern. It featured an 18 karat gold finish and was encrusted with diamonds. A pair of sandals that is a jewel.
- Havaianas Slim were created in 2006. The slimmer, more delicate, straps of Havaianas Slim became the talk of the town and nowadays are a brand icon.
- 2007 is the brands international expension’s second stage. A symbol of Brazilians’ high spirits everywhere, Havaianas sets foot in the USA for good.
- Havaianas continue to grow rapidly abroad in 2008. Havaianas extablishes a presence in Europe. the chosen spot to house the brand and a team of seveal different nationalities was Madrid in Spain. Ole!
- 2009 starts with a big brand event, the opening of Espaco Havaianas in Sao Paulo. A store that offers everything Havaianas aficionados have always dreamed of: a complete line of sandals, exclusive products designed only for the international market, customication and new products. Espaco Havaianas conveys the brand’s up-beat mood and magic, it’s impossible to describe using words… you need to see it with your own eyes!
- Havaianas have started releasing some of their new styles and colors for the 2013 season! Check out Havaianas New Arrivals here.
Havaianas come in so many different fun and cheerful colors, styles and designs it’s hard to choose just one favorite. Here are a few of my faves:
Visit Havaianas website for more designs of women’s shoes.
Don’t forget to check out the cute styles for Kids and Baby’s, as well as the Men’s collection. With a $1 flat shipping rate on all purchases you might as well order a pair for everyone in your family.
Let me know which pair of Havaianas flip flops is your favorite in the comment section below.