The Perfect Pair of Shoes
Most women’s feet get bigger through the years.
May it be because you had kids or too many birthdays. Melissa Skratsky, D.P.M., says “Each pregancy can cause changes in your feet and weight gain often flattens the arch a bit, making the foot longer and wider.”
I have always been a size 8 – 8 1/2, but for the very first time in my life I bought a pair of shoes for myself this summer in a size 9.
As the years roll by, the soft tissue that supports the arch can lose its resiliency and can cause arch fatigue and collapse.
So, if you’re in the market for your next pair of shoes, keep these simple tips in mind to find the Perfect Pair of Shoes:
- Make sure there is enough space! There should be a space of 3/8 inch to 1/2 inch between the tip of your longest toe and the end of the shoe.
- Choose square or rounded toe boxes! If you have bunions, make sure the toe box is roomy enough. During warmer weather open toed shoes are great.
- Sufficient width! This is gauged by the broadest part of your foot.
- Wiggle room! When you stand up you should be able to extend all your toes inside the shoe.
- Instand comfort! Don’t count on your shoes stretching. They might, especially leather shoes, but they’ll be squeezing and irritating your feet in the meantime.
- Different shoe brands fit differently! That is why shoe reviews are so important. Let me know if you would like to publish a shoe review on this site.
If the shoes you want to buy are from a shoe brand new to you, click here for an easy way to find your size.
Are you having trouble finding that perfect pair of shoes? Leave your comment below.