Posted by Silke
Do you love trying on as many shoes as possible whenever you find yourself in a shoe store? Truth be told, I can’t walk past a shoe display without stopping, touching, smelling , and time permitting slipping my feet into at least one pair of shoes. The frustrating thing about buying shoes is, no matter if you know your exact shoe size or even tried them on in the store, they may not fit properly once you get them home.
How often have you come home from the shoe store with a new pair of sexy shoes, only to find out they don’t fit? Even though they may have fit perfectly fine at the store. Why is that, you wonder?
Finding shoes that fit might seem like a lost art, but if you follow these tips you will be well on your way to happy, pain free feet.
1. Try shoes on in the afternoon or early evening when your feet are their largest. Remember, your feet swell over the course of the day.
2. Measure your feet while standing up and be sure to measure both feet. Most of us have one foot that’s slightly larger than the other.
3. Always try on both left and right shoes and purchase the larger size. Your feet need a little wiggle room and your toes should be able to move freely.
4. Stand up and walk around in the shoes you’re trying on. Are you able to walk gracefully, without tripping or having to hold on to something?
5. Try out different styles, brands and sizes. You might be surprised by how comfortable and stylish some shoes will look when worn.
Follow these simple tips to save yourself future frustration, return trips to the store, and pinched toes. The nice things about shopping for shoes online is the fact you get them delivered right to your door step, you can try on all of your fabulous shoes in your own home and the returns are super easy.
Do you buy most of your shoes in a brick & mortar shoe store or online?
Please leave me a comment below.